Kirby of the Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum of the best Kirby fangame!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elemental Tales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanRaider87
Level 2
Level 2
SeanRaider87

Elemental Tales Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Tales   Elemental Tales Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

This is my story I wrote when I was bored. I'll update it every one in a while but for now, just read and see what you think.
And I know what you're gonna post. Tl;dr. lol!

The Last Day of School!
"Beep beep beep beep!" My alarm buzzed. I shot out of bed. "The last day of school!" I cheered and my voice echoed around my huge room.
Now, I should probably introduce myself. My name's Sean, Sean Raider. I'm 13 years old, about to turn 14 and I'm in seventh grade. (Soon to be in eighth.) I live in a huge mansion in B.C., Canada. The biggest one in my town. My family and I have butlers and maids doing all our work for us. I have to admit, it's a great life.
I got dressed, too exited about summer vacation to think straight and I hurried downstairs. "It's about time you got up," my younger sister scolded.
"Oh shut up May," My brother said sleepily. "You just got up 3 minutes ago."
As you can see, or, read, I've got a younger sister and an older brother. My sister is 10, 3 years younger than me and my brother is 17. He just got his driver's license and he's been bragging about it ever since. My sister's name is May and my brother's is Zack.
I ignored them and ate as fast as I could. I brushed my teeth and got my lunch from the butler in the kitchen. Zack drives May and I to elementary school before he goes to high school so our parents can have more sleep after staying up late for their work the night before. My dad's name is Rick and my mom's name is Kerrie. My dad's a piano player in the most famous band in our area and my mom is a well known painter. Her paintings sell for a fortune and people buy a lot of them. They're busy most of the time, but they don't ignore us, they spend a good amount of time with us.
So we were on our way to school when I thought I heard a faint roar in the distance. "Did you guys hear that?" I asked.
"Hear what?" May responded.
"Uhhhh, nothing," I said nervously.
They looked at me for a second and decided to pretend I never said anything. But I had a strange feeling something was going to happen today. Something very, very weird.

Not Exactly The Best Start to My Summer
I tried to shake the strange feeling I had to enjoy the last day. The whole day was fun. Quite a few people (including me) had brought treats for us to eat. We went outside and played kickball and we watched a movie. Jack, my best friend started chatting about what we were going to do over the summer when he told me he had heard a roar this morning and no one had believed him. My mouth dropped open. "I heard the same thing!" I said. "My sister couldn't hear anything but I heard a roar!"
"Do you think it means anything?" Jack asked.
"I think we should forget about it." I said. "You want to come over to my place after school?"
"You bet I do!" He exclaimed and we forgot the roar altogether.
At the end of the day, our principle made an announcement over the speaker. It was all boring stuff about studying hard over the summer so you don't forget anything. She ended with. "Your homework assignment is..." Everyone groaned. "To stay in one piece!" She finished and everyone cheered.
"Have a good summer," our teacher said. "Class dismissed!"
Everyone ran out like a stampede. Even a hippo would have been trampled! Jack and I started walking to my place. I don't live by many other houses so soon, we were all alone.
Then, it happened. We heard a roar and then a splash. We froze and looked behind us an the ground. It was a huge puddle of drool. "ROOOAAAARRR!!!!!" A huge bellow that nearly broke my ears came from directly above the drool.
We looked up very slowly and saw the most gruesome, disgusting thing we'd ever seen. It stood on two feet with a fully green body. It was about as wide as a lion and 5 times taller. His arms were long and had what looked like knives on the end of them. But the most gruesome part of all was it's face. It looked like it had a mask on. It was blood red with the biggest eyes you've ever seen. He had no nose and his mouth was like half his face.
He roared again and we screamed. It lunged at us with incredible speed. It swiped with it's knife like things. He hit Jack with the flat end of the knife thing and he was sent sprawling into a tree. I don't know how it happened but somehow, I had jumped over the knife thing about 20 feet into the air! The thing looked shocked but was quick to get over it. He smashed me with his head while I was in the air. I hit a rock, hard. The thing came over to me and leaned his head in close with his moth wide open. I nearly blacked out from the stench alone. Does this guy ever brush his teeth? I wondered.
Then I suddenly realized he was about to eat me!
Faster than anything I've ever seen in my life, a huge yellow beam came out of nowhere, flickering with electricity. It hit the monster full on in the mask thing. A hole appeared and some blue liquid spurted out of it. Ewwww, I thought. Monster blood!
The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a guy who looked about my age taking out a sword from a sheath in his back. I muttered a silent thank you to god and I fainted.

We Meet Nathan
When I woke up, all my wounds were bandaged and I was lying in the grass. I looked around and saw Jack lying near me. He looked the same as I did. I looked at a huge shape far away and realized it was the thing that had attacked us. It had a huge cut in it's mask and it was spurting blue blood everywhere.
I saw a shadow move beside me and I looked up. A teenager was sitting on a rock sharpening a long sword on it. He had short red hair, casual clothes on and he looked about my age. Maybe a bit older. He looked up. "Oh, you're awake. I expect you want to know what the hell's going on and who I am right?"
I had just opened my mouth to ask those questions so I shut it and nodded.
"Well, you and your friend seem to possess the same powers I have. They're called elemental powers and that means we can control certain elements. My speciality is electricity. And for who I am, I'm Nathan, 3rd seat in group 10."
"Ummmm," I looked confused. "What the hell are you talking about?"
"Oh of course!" He said. "Of course you don't know what the elemental kingdom is. It's a kingdom with all the people with powers like us. We have 11 groups of fighters. There are 8 seats. Seat 3 to seat 10. Seat 3 is the best of the seats. Then there's the lieutenant and after that, there's the leader of the whole group, the captain. If somebody isn't in the 10 seats, they're just a soldier."
"I'm starting to understand now." I said. "So you guys fight those weird monster things?"
"No." He replied. "Those are just henchmen of the evil group called the shadow society. They have monsters, humans and other things on their team. They get stronger by eating people with strong elemental power. Your powers seem to be getting stronger as you age. So the shadow society will do anything to eat you to gain more power so they can overthrow us and rule the world!"
"Wow!" Jack said and we both looked at him.
"Good," Nathan said. "You're finally up. Now, I'm going to take you to our kingdom so you can get proper training. We don't want those beasts getting any stronger so we have to make sure they don't eat you. We have fought off the shadow society for a long time and we've always won. This seems to be the only exception, we kill tons of them and they seem to be coming back even stronger than before. It won't be long before they attack humans openly."
"What I don't get is why nobody else can hear them." Jack wondered aloud.
"That's a good question. You see, only people with a little bit of their elemental power awakened can see, hear or smell them. Everyone has elemental power, but it depends whether they're strong enough to release it. You two are strong enough. So what are your names?"
"I'm Sean, and he's Jack."
He nodded, "are you ready to go to the elemental kingdom?" "Wait, you mean we're just going to disappear without anyone knowing?" Jack asked.
Nathan nodded again. "It'll only take you about 2 weeks to get enough elemental powers to beat a shadow demon like the last one you saw."
"I guess so, but I want to write a note to my parents." Sean said and Jack nodded in agreement. They both scribbled down a note saying they were offered some sort of vacation from another member of the family and they'd be back in 2 weeks.
They were about to go and put them on the doorstep of their houses when Nathan put out his hands. "Just give them to me." They did as they were told. "Elemental spell number 96! Storm cloud!" Nathan yelled and two clouds appeared in front of him.
The two boys looked in awe as he put a note on each of them. "Where do you live?" They told him and the clouds whizzed away.
"How'd you do that?!" Jack asked in awe.
"Are you kidding me?" Nathan responded in disbelief. "That's possibly the easiest spell I can use! Just wait until these 2 weeks are up, you'll be amazed at what you can do!"

Arriving At The Elemental Kingdom
The next part was a huge blur so I'll try to explain it as best as I can.
Nathan put his hands out in front of him and a weird swirly portal thing appeared in front of him. Then, he told us to jump in.
I have to admit, I was a little hesitant at first but I did owe this guy my life, so I decided to trust him.
The moment I jumped in, I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant. The whole thing went by so fast, it was hard to think straight. First, it felt like I was riding the scariest roller coaster ever, then, it felt like my insides were turning inside out, and finally, I was pushed headfirst into a room at what felt like 200 miles per hour!
Jack and I smashed into the floor clumsily. A second later, Nathan landed on the ground, feet first. We must have looked pretty pathetic, sprawled across the ground like that because Nathan looked like he was trying to stifle some laughter.
I got up grumbling.
"Sorry about that," he apologized. "I forgot to tell you the portal is a little rough for beginners. Anyway, lets get going, you've got to meet the captain of our squad. By the way, it was already decided, you'll be in my group as a soldier until you get proper training."
"Do we get a sword like yours?" Jack asked.
"You will once we figure out what element you can use, you'll get a sword of that element," he replied. "You see, each person has an element that they can use, which you already know, but what you don't know is that each group is a group of a different element. Group 10 is electricity, group 3 is fire, group 11 is rock and so on."
"Cool!" I said excitedly. "When do we figure out which element is ours?"
"After a week of training," he responded. "The first week will be basic martial arts and learning how to control your powers."
"Well let's get started!" I cried hardly able to contain my exitement.
Nathan smiled. "Ok, I think it's time you met our captain, Jacob."

Let The Training Begin!
When we got to the group 10 area, we found the streets bustling with life. There were duels on the street, usually flashing with electricity, shops selling delicious food and all sorts of other stuff. Nathan had summoned a cloud for us to ride on and while we were in the air, we saw a few other clouds zooming by.
"The carrier cloud is a seat only spell." Nathan explained. "Only people in the 10 highest positions in our group can use it."
Jack and I were almost too exited to enjoy the ride.
"We're approaching the grand hall." Nathan announced. "It's where Jacob lives."
We touched down right in front of a mansion at least 10 times bigger than mine. There was a guard in front of the door. "Good day 3rd seat." He said. "The captain is away on a secret mission concerning the shadow society. No one knows anything else besides the king and the other captains."
"Well that's odd." Nathan said in thought. "Well, thanks anyway."
The guard bowed, "good day sir."
"What was that all about?" Asked Jack. "Does your captain do this normally?"
"No." He replied. "This is unusual. Anyway, let's not let it get us down, we're going to go straight to the duel arena to start your training."
He created another cloud and we hopped on. We glided down to a huge stone building. The doors opened for us as soon as we stepped in front of them. We walked down a hall and through glass walls, we cold see numerous battles in each arena.
We finally came to an empty arena. A tag on the door said "RESERVED FOR NATHAN AND HIS TRAINEES." Nathan opened the door for us. "Welcome to arena number 29. Let the training begin!"

Training: Week 1
Day 1:
The duel arena was great. The main area was where we trained and fought but in the back, there were 3 doors with a small room in each. Each one had a bed, a bathroom and food. We started off with some basic training in martial arts.
After Nathan showed us some moves and we practised them on eachother. I found I was a natural. I took Jack down within the first 20 seconds with the feint punch Nathan had shown us. Jack drank some of his magical potion which got rid of small injuries. I had to hand it to Nathan, he thought of everything.
The rest of the day, we just fought with all our strength, drinking potion when necessary, eating, going to the washroom and resting. At about 11:00 pm, we were drenched in sweat. We got in the shower and went to bed.
Day 2:
When I woke up, Nathan was already training with a punching bag. "Hi." I called.
He stopped punching. "Oh, hi. I was just getting a bit of training in before you guys woke up. How was you're sleep?"
"Pretty good thanks," I replied. "Should I go wake Jack up?"
"Sure, why not. We should get a start on the day's training."
"Ok." I walked off.
I knocked on the door of his room. "We're starting! Wake up!"
"Ok, I'm coming!" He said sleepily.
A few minutes later, he came out of his room. We ate breakfast and we started training at 8:30 am.
Today's training was a little tougher. We learned how to put energy into our punches to make them stronger. Jack got it right away although I found I wasn't too good at energy attacks. After a while, I got it and we started training. As the end of the day drew near, we ate dinner, trained on some punching bags and went to sleep.
Day 3, 4 and 5:
The 3 days were relatively the same. We learned some new moves, practised them all day, ate and went to bed.
Day 6:
We finally got into the good stuff. He taught us some aerial attacks and taught us how to jump really high. Jack and I had a battle in the air using all the move we recently learned.
We fought non stop for 3 hours. By the end, we were drenched in sweat, and after we stopped, we collapsed. Nathan brought lemonade for us and we drank some of our potion. That night, we had a huge dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. It was so good! After that, we went to sleep.
The final day:
The final day of the first week was exiting so I'll explain it in detail.
We practised some of the attacks we'd learned on eachother. We leaped high into the air and fought and after an hour, we hadn't even broken a sweat.
Nathan started clapping. "Good job! That was all about endurance and you passed with flying colours!"
Next, he had us fight eachother for real and not a training fight.
"Here's some of the strong potion that will revive some bigger injuries. Use it when you need too."
We walked out into the arena.
"Start!"
We rushed at eachother, I dodged his first punch and launched a side kick. He skid across the floor so I jumped and rushed down at him with my fist ready.
I crashed into the ground and I realized he dodged it at the last second.
Jack grabbed my legs, swung me around and let go, sending me flying into the air. I hit the ground hard when I saw him rushing at me. I pretended to still be down and when he got to me, I rolled out of the way and punched him straight in the gut.
He hobbled around grabbing his stomach and I realized this was my chance. I really didn't want to do it but the training was necessary. I ran at him at full speed and when he put his arms out to block my punch, I did a slide kick to the same place I punched him.
He fell to the ground. I ran over and gave him some of the potion and I took some too.
"Very impressive, both of you!" Nathan called. "Now let's eat!"
We ate a delicious lunch of french toast and fruit and we went over to the middle of the arena.
"Okay you two." Nathan instructed. "You guys are going to use all the moves you've practised over the week on me, okay?"
"Sounds good too me," Jack agreed. "I'll go first."
"Okay. Sean, you go sit over there. If you guys land a hit on me within 5 minutes, you pass this challenge. If you don't, don't feel bad, I've been doing this for my whole life! Sean! Set the timer for 5 minutes."
I did. "It's set! 3.. 2.. 1... Start!"
Jack rushed at Nathan. He unleashed a barrage of punches and Nathan just dodged easily. He kicked to the side and Nathan just jumped back. Jack jumped up as high as he could and rushed down at Nathan. When he was getting close, Nathan jumped back, but it seemed like that's what jack was intending because he landed on his hands and used his foot to kick at where Nathan was. Nathan just barely dodged it by leaning back and jumping.
"3 minutes left!" I yelled.
Jack kicked, punched and even tried to headbutt but nothing worked, Nathan dodged everything.
"1 minute left!"
Jack started going all out, he tried everything there was to try. It looked like Nathan was having more of a hard time than before.
"30 seconds!"
Jack tried aerial attacks rushing down at Nathan, he just dodged everything.
"10 seconds!"
Jack looked flustered. Nathan made it loo so easy. I could see that Jack was getting mad and I was right. With the last bit of strength he had, he charged at Nathan with his fist ready to punch.
"5 seconds!"
Nathan jumped out of the way but not before Jack back flipped on to his hands. Nathan jumped, thinking he was going to punch but his real intention was clear now. He spun around, leg just about to smash into Nathan's chest when Nathan suddenly pulled back. The kick missed by a centimeter.
"Time's up!"
Jack collapsed on to the ground. We gave him some potion and we walked him over to the bench.
"You fought well Jack." Nathan praised. "I had a real hard time dodging that last attack."
"Thanks," he replied. "I'll set the timer."
Nathan and I took our places in the arena.
"3.. 2.. 1.. Start!"
I rushed in for a spike kick, he jumped to the side and I used my other foot to smash him in the leg. He jumped up to dodge it so I jumped up too and did an uppercut. He dodged it by swerving to the side and I unleashed a barrage of punches in mid air. When we hit the ground, I spun around with my foot going first hoping to catch him off guard. He jumped over me so when he got directly above me, I did an uppercut which he switched the side of his body he was falling on to dodge my attack.
"3 minutes left!"
I kicked at him with my right leg so when he jumped to the side, I kicked at him with my left. when he leaped over me, I jumped over him and kicked downward with both legs. He dodged it by landing on the floor and leaping back.
"2 minutes!"
I punched at him with my right fist and then with my left them kicked with my right foot then my left foot and repeated it. When I realized none of that was working, I sidestepped and did a sweep kick trying to trip him. He leapt up and landed a a few feet behind me.
"1 minute!"
I ran at him with everything I had. I punched multiple times with the energy technique and kicked to the side. I jumped up and swung my foot down on his head and he leaned to the other side.
"20 seconds!"
I punched as hard as I can leaping forward and he simply stepped out of the way.
"10 seconds!"
I ran at him again putting every ounce of power I had into my final punch. I ran at him and when he tried to dodge, I turned and punched that way.
"5 seconds!"
He barely dodged it and just when it seemed all hope was lost, I put out my hand and a red ball appeared.
"3.. 2!"
The ball got bigger and as Nathan leapt to the side, I fired a big flaming energy ball.
It hit him straight on, sending him sprawling across the room.
When he got up, he was on fire so jack tossed a bucket of water on him.
All they could do was stare at me. I had used an elemental ability. We all knew what element I could control.
After a while, Nathan grinned. "Well, now we know what element you have. Congratulations Sean! Looks like you're going to the fire group!"

Training: Week 2-Cut Short!
I was just as surprised as them at my elemental power.
By that time, it was almost midnight so we decided not to talk about it until we woke up.
I knew I wouldn't get to sleep in a hurry.
When I finally got up after a rough sleep, I got to the arena to find Jack was covered in sweat.
"What are you guys doing?" I asked.
"Sean!" Jack called to me. "My element is wind!"
"Really? Sweet! How long have you been up?" I asked noticing the dark circles under Jack's eyes.
"About 5 hours. It took a long time to get my elemental power out. It's great! I can control the air!"
"All right! Enough chit-chat!" Nathan instructed. "Let's start learning how to control your abilities."
We learned it in no time. We learned how to control our element so we could use it in battle.
"It's looking great! Now, next we will-"
The loudspeaker blared before he could finish, "all personnel in the building, please get out at once! The elemental kingdom is being attacked by the shadow society in 5 minutes. Group 10 captain said it himself after going there on a secret mission!"
Nathan stared open-mouthed at the loudspeaker before saying "come on!"
We raced out into the area.
A cloud raced by with a speaker on it.
"All personnel who can fight, please come to the group 1 base! All the shadow society enemies are coming there to take down our strongest forces!"
We saw a ton of huge clouds on the ground and all the soldiers were hopping on. Each seat person got on their own cloud and raced away.
Nathan got on his own. "Hop on!"
We did and it raced away at top speeds.
Jack seemed to realize he could control wind so he stopped the wind in front of us, stopping us from any chance of falling off.
We raced off to the main area and I wondered what exactly I had gotten myself into.
Back to top Go down
[:]
[:]

Elemental Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elemental Tales   Elemental Tales Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 pm

It was entertaining, despite being somewhat cliche'd. Nice job.

Wonder what's coming next...
Back to top Go down
SeanRaider87
Level 2
Level 2
SeanRaider87

Elemental Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elemental Tales   Elemental Tales Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks a lot.
I'm a beginner so I'm gonna keep learning as I go on.
This is my first story after all.
By the way, I forgot to mention I got the idea from bleach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elemental Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elemental Tales   Elemental Tales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elemental Tales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kirby of the Stars :: Chat :: Other Chat-
Jump to: